Thursday, September 3, 2009

EZ's Movie Modown Part 2

Well, here I am again. I just got home after seeing the final movie I am probably going to see for awhile. Time for more reviews of the movies I saw over the summer.

(BIG SPOILERS AHEAD)

Transformers 2

Man, I had my hopes set a bit too high for this one, and boy did they not pay off. The action and story were all okay........the first time I saw them in the 86 movie!! The new Autobots were okay, but come on, Arcee and Sideswipe only spoke a couple times, the twins were incredibly annoying and racist. I felt like I was watching a crappy Disney/Pixar movie. I am really pissed off at how they handled Jetfire, he was my favorite in the cartoon, all in all, I guess it was just okay. Seriously though, The Matrix, Optimus dying, did Micheal Bay just run out of ideas that fast? Pretty sad. Plus I am sick of Megan Fox, sure she is hot but is she overrated? Undeniably!! I don't think she is the hottest woman ever though, I've seen better.

G.I Joe

This one was a little better, much better than Transformers 2 at least. It wasn't a total recreation of the cartoon but it isn't supposed to be. The action moved a bit too fast for my taste, but the fight between Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow was totally worth it. I'm not being picky or racist but why didn't Scarlett didn't get with Duke instead of Ripcord?? Come on!! And where the hell was the accent on Baroness?? There was no excuse not to have it, at least put her with Destro in the sequel. BTW, Chris Eccelston made a great Destro. Makes me wish he would come back to Heroes. All in all, the movie was above average. Defiantly worth another watch.

Inglorious Basterds

Quentin, you have done it again. I had my doubts going into this one, a) I can't stand Brad Pitt and b) This is Tarentino's first crack at a war movie. Thank god I was wrong on both counts. I don't think I've seen a movie this good in years. They don't make them like this anymore. The action is at a pace you can follow and the formula Quentin uses works for WWII. The action and dialogue goes at the rate you would expect if you have seen any of his past movies. The only thing I don't understand is my father and I were the only ones laughing and applauding the action. Everyone else were acting like it was nothing they haven't seen before. I loved the senseless violence and gore. Sometimes you need that in a movie because fast paced action and a plot moving at a snail's pace gets boring fast. If you don't believe me, watch Transformers 2 and tell me I'm wrong after that.

END SPOILERS

Well, that's all I have for now. You can expect a new episode of Toku Time in a couple weeks. I still need a Rouse Absorber if you have one, if not, I'll just use another wristband. Keep the requests coming. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment